Anyway for those who are keeping track of this blog for the updates on the counter apps
I’ve managed to come up with a Data Counter app for iPhone for jailbroken phone. Adding to the collection of SMS Counter and Call Counter.
You can get it from the blackfacility repo:
Would really appreciate if you guys can let me know whether it works for you, or any comments, suggestions.
Also check out Blackfacility for more updates
I posted about Installing Frash on iPad and iPhone4
But the Frash package is still not stable enough (e.g. it messes up the default youtube plugin)
Somebody set up a repo with the Frash plugin and a SBSettings toggle so that you can toggle the effect of Frash.
To install Frash and the Frash toggle directly from cydia add this cydia source:
Been really busy – which explains the delay in the email for the beta test.
Anyway, I decided to release SMS Counter and Call Counter. It should be up on bigboss repo once we settle the admin issues.
If you want to get it immediately, please visit
Basically just add this cydia source : http://www.blackfacility.com/cydia and search for SMS Counter and Call Counter
There’s also the descriptions of SMS Counter and Call Counter
I’ve finally finished Call Counter and SMS Counter.
Please email me/reply this post if you are interested to beta test it. (If nothing major goes wrong this would be the final actual app)
I’ve decided to make it a paid app (Fully functional for 10 days).
But beta tester will get a much longer fully functional period 🙂
- Numbering bug fix
- Keeping track of data even after the sms/call records are deleted
- Able to keep track of calls made during certain period and disregard other periods (i.e. you can exclude weekend calls!)
- Counting SMS more than 160 chars as more than 1 SMS even though it is a single sms
- App Badge (for sms counter) which tells you how many outgoing smses you have sent for the month. (I didn’t include this feature for call counter because calculation for exclusion is rather inefficient and it might take up a lot of battery life if we update the badge at real time)
- Simpler interface
- Faster (if you are not having any exclusion periods)